(All photos © Adrian Duffield)
Structure number ACL/34 formed part of the Glasgow & South Western's line from Annbank to Cronberry via Belston Junction, opening to passengers on 1st July 1872. Spanning Burnock Water, the viaduct is straight, masonry-built and comprises 11 arches.
With passenger services having been cut 13 years earlier, the line over the viaduct saw its last freight in 1964.
In 2002, the structure was the focus of a refurbishment by its owners, British Railways Board (Residuary). Today it looks in very good order.