(Photos 1-4 © Bob Prigg, photos 6-7 © Des Colhoun)
Engineered for the Inverness & Perth Junction Railway, the foundation stone of Joseph Mitchell's viaduct over the River Divie was laid by Lady Elma Bruce on 20th October 1861. The structure was finished two years later, having cost more than £10,000.
Castellated turrets embellish the abutments. Carrying the single line across the valley for 159 yards, the viaduct's seven 45-foot arches supported the deck 106 feet above the river.
Now part of the Dava Way, the viaduct was awarded a Grade B listing in 1971.
(Des Colhoun's photos are used under this Creative Commons licence.)