Built by the Glasgow & South Western Railway and opened in 1872 to carry a second line through Cumnock, the 13-arch viaduct over Glaisnock Water reaches 75 feet into the sky at its peak. Around 180 yards long, it comprises rockfaced rubble piers, spandrels and parapets with red ashlar intrados. The structure curves gently to the south.
It is apparently known locally as Devil Stone Viaduct due to the legend that a nearby rock incorporates the marks of the Devil's hooves.
The last train tested its strength on 4th June 1962 although the axe didn't officially fall until March 1964. Now Grade B listed, it provides a convenient footpath across the valley.