(Photos 1, 2, 4 & 5 © Adrian Duffield, photo 7 © GoogleEarth/Getmapping)
Also known as Lugar Viaduct, this tall, seven-span masonry structure was opened in 1872 by the Glasgow & South Western Railway, carrying its line westwards from Cronberry Junction. Glenmuir Water passes under the viaduct towards its west end.
This line closed to regular passenger traffic on 10th September 1951 but clung on to serve goods trains until March 1964.
During the Noughties, the viaduct was the focus of repair work to its north-side parapet. Palisade fencing has also been installed at either end of the deck. The structure is Grade B listed.