Helmdon Viaduct

Helmdon Viaduct was a creation of Walter Scott & Co. and formed part of the Great Central Railway's construction contract no.5, covering the section from Woodford to Brackley. Opened to goods traffic in July 1898, this nine-arch, brick structure on 'the last main line' sits just west of the village which give it its name. Trains on the route came to a grinding halt in September 1966.

Change page
Previous gallery Next gallery
Gallery thumbnails Location map from Streetmap
Page history
June 08
July 08

Back to the top