This attractive sandstone product of engineer George Hudson has been a local landmark since 1849, but financial problems ensured that no line crossed it for another 33 years. It then played host to a very expensive siding, allowing goods to be taken by rail from a mill on the east bank of the River Wharfe. This traffic dried up in 1955.
Two wide, central arches are flanked by side spans of seven arches to the west and three to the east. These days, the Grade II listed structure has found function once again as the route for a footpath.