The Fife Coast Line

In 1854 the Leven Railway opened, linking St Andrews with Thornton Junction on the Edinburgh-Aberdeen main line. This helped the town to become a popular tourist resort. Later in the 19th century the route became part of a loop line of the North British Railway, connecting Thornton Junction and Leuchars Junction. Closure came in sections between 1964 and 1969.

Change page
Film index
Page history
June 10

Back to the top