John Betjeman takes a DMU along the North Norfolk coast before the line was closed by Dr Beeching. The site of Hunstanton Station is now a large car and coach park, leaving the former coal shed as the only remaining trace of the railway. This was converted into an art gallery with help from West Norfolk Council, opening its doors in May 2008. The first exhibition celebrated the King's Lynn to Hunstanton railway with a display of memorabilia and photographs. The Sandringham Hotel, commandeered by the War Office during the Second World War, was bought by Hunstanton Urban District Council in 1950 for use as offices; it was subsequently demolished in 1967.