Kiplingcotes Station

When the first stage of the York-Beverley route was opened in 1847, trains terminated at Market Weighton because Lord Hotham would not allow a railway to be built across his land. He relented in 1860 on the proviso that a station was built for him at Kiplingcotes. Although the line proved profitable, it was severed by Beeching’s axe in 1965. The trackbed is now open as a footpath, under the stewardship of East Riding County Council. They also own the signalbox.

Change page
Previous gallery Next gallery
Gallery thumbnails Location map from Streetmap
Page history
July 08

Back to the top