Lartington Station

The first station beyond Tees Valley Junction on the Stainmore line was Lartington. It boasted a fine main building with extensive goods facilities to its rear.

Edward VII, then Prince of Wales, once alighted on its platform en route to a shoot on the Duke of Cleveland’s estate. Perhaps he was met off the train by Thomas Reah who was station master there in 1890.

Change page
Previous gallery Next gallery
Gallery thumbnails Location map from Streetmap
Page history
Nov 08

Back to the top