Lartington West signal box

(Photo 7 © Howard Williams)

The decrepit remains of Lartington West signal box still cling to life near the northern abutment of Deepdale Viaduct, at the foot of the steep climb up to Stainmore. The line past to box, built by the South Durham & Lancashire Union Railway, was engineered by Thomas Bouch and was operational from 1861 and 1962.
Change page
Previous gallery Next gallery
Gallery thumbnails Location map from Streetmap
Page history
June 13

Back to the top