(All photos © Neil Russell)
Scotswood Station sat at the junction of the North Wylam branch and a line from Blaydon. To its west, on land between to two routes, was a goods yard. In 1879, forty years after it opened, the station buildings succumbed to fire. The southern platforms saw their last passengers in 1966 whilst the final train up the branch departed on 1st May 1967. Although few relics remain of the station itself, both trackbeds now host cycle paths.